u-he Hive v188.8.131.5276 WIN
Size 156 Mb
Hive 2: Sleek, streamlined, supercharged
With its effortless workflow and low CPU usage, you can create stunning patches in next to no time at all. Hive 2 is quick and uncomplicated, without sacrificing flexibility or audio quality. Now packed with more controls than ever, version 2 opens up new dimensions of expression… and sheer fun!
Hive 2 in the spotlight…
- Low CPU usage, 3 different synth engines
- 2 oscillators with wavetable option, 16x unison and tunable sub-oscillators
- Drag & drop modulation assignment
- 12x2 modulation matrix slots with modifiers for curvature, rectification, quantization, sample & hold, slew rate
- 4 user-definable XY control pads
- Arpeggiator, step sequencer with realtime recording
- Unique 8-step shape sequencer with 4 independent outputs
- 2 function generators can serve as extra envelopes, gate generators, LFOs, slew limiters
- 7 rearrangeable effects: distortion, chorus, delay, phaser, EQ, reverb, compressor
- Panel presets for each oscillator, filter, matrix slot, etc., with copy, load and save options
- Solo buttons allow auditioning individual oscillator or filter signals
- Scope to view the audio output or any modulation signal, with freeze option and zoom controls
- Microtuning support (.tun files)
- 2000+ NKS-ready factory presets by some of our favourite sound designers, many more available online
- Resizable UI from 70% to 200%
How it works
Hive 2 includes Wavetables! These appear as multiple waveforms, and are controlled in the central hexagon. You can manually select wavetables, modulate the wave position via the matrix, or even scan through them automatically using the envelope and loop options (which let you animate wavetables without the need for an extra modulation source).
Wavetables can be split into multiple parts (up to 16), effectively creating a 2-dimensional oscillator. For instance, a wavetable with 30 frames can be split into 3 x 10 frames by setting Tables to 3. The lower Position knob will crossfade between those 3. This feature opens up a second dimension of wavetable scanning, such as velocity crossfade or multisample support.
Want to go even deeper? Many of Hive’s factory wavetables are not samples, but “.uhm” files containing scripts written in a proprietary wavetable generation and manipulation language. If you’re interested in writing your own scripts, grab this document (also included in the Hive 2 installer)…
Get the .uhm scripting guide
The Shape Sequencer is where you can create complex modulations and/or rhythmic patterns. It offers a comfortable way to ‘gamify’ rhythm creation. While it may look like a baby version of what other synths have to offer, Hive’s shape sequencer can do a lot more than first meets the eye…
Hive’s Function Generators combine simple envelope functionality with LFO, slew limiter (a.k.a. envelope follower) and gate control. Each of the three outputs has its own ‘crosshair’ you can drag & drop onto any modulation target, onto the Scope or even onto the modulation matrix source fields. Triggered and/or modulated by the LFOs, the Shape Sequencer and each other, Hive’s Function Generators can create some truly mind-bending motion effects!
Arpeggiator and Sequencer
The ARP/SEQ panel in the central hexagon is where you make rhythmic and melodic loops.
Hive’s hexagon includes 7 different effects: Distortion, Reverb, Equalier, Chorus, Delay, Compressor, and Phaser.
Hive 2 features a 12-unit modulation matrix (6 units per page) which lets you connect modulation sources (LFOs, envelopes, shape sequencer, MIDI controls etc.) to countless targets, optionally via a second modulation source. 2 targets can be assigned per unit, each with its own modulatable depth control. The row of 5 modifiers per target can alter the curvature, rectify, quantize, sample/hold or slew-limit the modulation signal: This is seriously deep stuff, but it doesn’t get in the way!
On this page you’ll find a pad with 4 controls – simply connect them to your MIDI controllers for maximum fun on stage. Other views are also available.
Automatic parameter scanning
Hive 2 is able to assign XY controls to parameters automatically. It looks into the structure of presets that have unused XY controls, and assigns them to the most appropriate XY macros (pre-defined sets of parameters). Of course you can create your own XY control definitions, with up to 4 targets per dimension.
Animated graphics in software synthesizers not only look cool, but can also help you program your sounds by showing you what’s happening in real time. Hive’s Scope is especially useful for displaying how the parts of complex modulation interact (e.g. the Function Generators with an LFO).
Hive 2.0 (revision 8676)
New features and improvements:
- 378 new presets
- More wavetables
- New GUI
- Shape Sequencer
- Function Generators
- Key Quantizer (play custom scales)
- XY section expanded
- New mod matrix modifier: Sample & Hold
- More quantization options in mod matrix
- New Seq Mod modulation source
- Mod Assigners for visual feedback of assigned modulations
- Modulation overview/unassignment via right-click on parameters
- Newly added presets now easily findable through saved search entry
Hive 2 is not a standalone product, it requires host software. Hive 2 is compatible with nearly all DAWs.
Available as VST2, AAX (Pro Tools 10.3.7 or later) NKS, plug-ins with 32-bit and 64-bit versions.